“Animals are classified as follows:
1. those that belong to the Emperor,
2. embalmed ones,
3. those that are trained,
4. suckling pigs,
6. fabulous ones,
7. stray dogs,
8. those included in the present classification,
9. those that tremble as if they were mad,
10. innumerable ones,
11. those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush,
13. those that have just broken a flower vase,
14. those that from a long way off look like flies.”
~ Jorge Luis Borges, Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge
Animals studied by my lab fall into categories 3, 6, 7, and occasionally 1.
2 thoughts on “ Linnaeus is so passé. ”
brilliant. i don’t think i fully understand it.
dr deborah bernstein warwick, new york (845) 986-6684 http://www.drdeb.biz sent from my ipad, steve
It’s like, “Now? Wow. Prowl. Wackawacka*. Crown? Pert. Prang. Marie?” It’s actually very, very similar.